CSBio 2014 : The 5th international conference on Computational Systems-Biology and Bioinformatics 2014
|10 Nov 2014 through 12 Nov 2014|
|01 Sep 2014|
|Life Sciences > Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics|
********** CSBio 2014 - Call for Papers *********
The 5th International Conference on Computational Systems-Biology and Bioinformatics (CSBio 2014) will be held in Singapore on November 10-12, 2014.
Paper submission deadline: September 1st, 2014 (final extension)
Notification of acceptance: October 1st, 2014
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research
- King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi
- Memetic computing society
- International Neural Network Society
Aims and Scope
With rapid advance in the generation of high-throughput "omics" data (such as deep sequencing), life science has come to the era of "big data". To extract biological knowledge from the data, and translate it into benefits for society (e.g. better medicine and healthcare), novel computational tools are needed for data analysis and building models. CSBio 2014 would like to invite researchers and industrial counterparts to meet at this event to exchange ideas and stimulate research collaborations.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Biological network reconstruction and analysis
* Modeling and simulation of biological processes, pathways, etc.
* Next-generation sequencing
* Gene expression analysis
* Proteomics & other omics
* Functional genomics
* DNA, RNA and protein sequence analysis
* Bio-inspired computing
* Adaptive computation in bioinformatics
* Parallel and distributed computing for life science
* Molecular evolution and phylogeny
* Protein folding
* Medical and biomedical informatics
* Translational bioinformatics
* Biomarker discovery
* Bio-data visualization
* Disease classification
* Drug discovery and validation
The CSBio 2014 online submission system is opened at EasyChair (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csbio2014).
All submissions will be checked by VeriGuide for originality (http://veriguide1.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/portal/page/index.jsp).
Authors have the following submission choices:
1. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (JBCB) or
2. Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics (JMIHI)
JOURNAL OF BIOINFORMATICS AND COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY
(JBCB - http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscinet/jbcb)
The Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology aims to publish high quality, original research articles, expository tutorial papers and review papers as well as short, critical comments on technical issues associated with the analysis of cellular information.
Detailed instructions for preparation of manuscripts are available in:
- Latex-2e (http://www.worldscientific.com/page/jbcb/stylefiles-readme-2e)
* JBCB is indexed in Biosis Previews, Biological Abstracts, Chemical Abstracts Service, CompuScience, DBLP Computer Science Bibliography, Emcare/Mosby Index, Index Medicus, INSPEC, MEDLINE, Science Citation Index Expanded and Scopus.
JOURNAL OF MEDICAL IMAGING AND HEALTH INFORMATICS
(JMIHI - http://www.aspbs.com/jmihi/)
Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics (JMIHI) is a medium to disseminate novel experimental and theoretical research results in the field of biomedicine, biology, clinical, rehabilitation engineering, medical image processing, bio-computing, D2H2, and other health related areas.
Detailed instructions for preparation of manuscripts are available in: http://www.aspbs.com/jmihi/
* JMIHI is indexed in, Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE/SciSearch¨), Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition - Thomson Reuters, Scopus - Elsevier and Google Scholar.
- The 18th Asia Pacific Symposium on Intelligent and Evolutionary Systems
(IES 2014 - http://www.ies-2014.org)
24 October 2014
869 views | Be the first to rate this event
Not-featured (How do I make my event featured?)