|18 May 2015 through 20 May 2015|
|15 Dec 2014|
|Engineering & Technology > Electrical/ Electronic|
The IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society seeks original and unpublished papers, presentations, workshops and tutorials on all aspects of product safety and compliance engineering including, but not limited to:
• Electromagnetic emissions, electromagnetic immunity, regulatory, and introductory topics (for safety engineer & compliance engineers)
• Battery and energy storage designs, applications, manufacturing, testing and standards, including emerging chemistries, fuel cells, electrochemical capacitors (ultra-and super-capacitors), etc.
• The latest findings in failure analysis
• General tools, techniques and best practices used for quality failure analysis
Hazard-based Safety Engineering & Safety Science
• Theory and application of HBSE and related safety science disciplines
• New hazard-based standard for A/V, IT & Communication Technology Equipment, IEC 62368-1
• Emerging uses of technology, and associated challenges with safety & compliance, such as associated with ‘smart’ devices, wearable electronics, wireless power transfer, driverless cars, modular data centers, 3D printing, liquid cooling, PEDs/aircraft, virtual reality, technology & seniors, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs, aka drones), etc.
• Management strategies and techniques, and case studies
• Change leadership, team building, conflict resolution, time management
• Communication skills
• IEC 60601-1, and collateral standards
• Risk Management process for medical devices
Risk Analysis, Assessment & Management
• Fundamentals and application of risk analysis, assessment and management, into both existing and new standards and applications
• *New to ISPCE*- Compliance 101 Track: Basic, high level presentations on compliance for those new to compliance and designers. An overview of the Certifications landscape, how to submit a product to NRTLs, how to get the documentation in NRTL format, explain the difference between Component vs End Product Certifications, compliance tips like hard wired products must have 5VA flame rating, etc.
• Anti-counterfeiting: Challenges, regulations & strategies
• Components: Power supplies, insulation, opto-couplers, wire & cables, capacitors, connectors, current-limiters, transformers, fuses, ferrites, surge protectors, printed circuit boards , earthing (grounding), environmental, electromagnetic suppression & protection, etc.
• Demonstrations: Demonstrations of product safety testing techniques, including mechanical, electrical, fire, etc.
• Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, EuP (Energy-using Products), Energy Star, packaging Directives, REACH (Chemical), CeC, other ‘green’ topics, etc.
• Functional & Software safety : Theory, standards and application
• Hazard-specific topics: Electrical, mechanical, fire, thermal, chemical, radiation, etc.
• Photobiological safety & compliance: Lasers, LEDs, UV, coherent/incoherent, blue light, etc.
• Product-specific topics: Consumer, medical, computer (IT), test & measurement, power supplies, telecommunication, incandescent, fluorescent & LED lighting, industrial control, electric tools, appliances, wireless, robotic technologies, etc.
• Product Liability & Recalls: Challenges, government interface, public databases, laws, etc.
• Research: Physiological responses to energy sources, unique safeguard schemes, electrically-caused fire, forensic methods, etc.
Indicated deadlines require that the associated documents be loaded into EDAS by the due date:
• Review Manuscript/Presentation Submission: December 15, 2014
• Acceptance Notification: February 1, 2015
• Final Camera-ready Paper/Presentation Submission: April 1, 2015
John Allen, Product Safety Consulting, Inc., USA
For more information, contact the ISPCE 2015 Administrator:
24 October 2014
887 views | Be the first to rate this event
Not-featured (How do I make my event featured?)