ICUES 2014 : Spaces and Flows: Fifth International Conference on Urban and ExtraUrban Studies
|07 Nov 2014 through 08 Nov 2014|
|07 Sep 2014|
|Life Sciences > Plant-Biology|
Spaces and Flows is an international conference that address some of the most pressing and perturbing socio-spatial questions of our times, and focuses on spaces and flows as crucibles of ongoing transformation. In this context, we address these central issues:
- What are the new and emerging spaces of production, consumption, and human living (as human created products) as communities, regions, and societies organize and re-organize in current times?
- What are the new flows of people, goods, services, information, and ideas in current times?
In addressing these questions, our discussions range between the local the global, the empirical and the theoretical, the utopian and the pragmatic, the disciplinary and the transdisciplinary, research and its application, and the practices of knowledge making and those of knowledge dissemination.
We are inviting proposals for paper presentations, workshops/interactive sessions, posters/exhibits, or colloquia, addressing Spaces and Flows through one of the following themes:
- Human Environments and Ecosystemic Effects
- Urban and Extraurban Spaces
- Material and Immaterial Flows
Proposed abstracts are reviewed in monthly phases. For more information on submission deadlines, registration options, themes, and more, please visit our website: http://spacesandflows.com/the-conference-2014
All conference registrants may also submit their written papers for publication in the refereed Spaces and Flows: An International Journal of Urban and Extra Urban Studies.
23 October 2014
724 views | Be the first to rate this event
Not-featured (How do I make my event featured?)